Thursday, October 11, 2007

This is NaKniSweMo



National Knit A Sweater Month is next month. This is the sweater I'm knitting. It's from Vogue Knitting's Holiday 2006 issue. See that fair isle in the picture? Are you curious about the chart?

The much more economical yarn I chose is Lara from elann.com. The greens are perfect, the purple is a little off, and I got the last acceptable ball of red that they had. Exciting! Especially considering the original plan was to do this in KnitPick's Sport Shine.

I've never done fair isle before. I've never done a sweater before. I'm knitting this in sport weight. I think living on my own has addled my brain.

4 comments:

jumi said...

You are planning to do that little front section on the right shoulder first as a swatch, right?

amber said...

That's the game plan.

As for the acres of olive stocking knit, I'll probably do a proper swatch for that. Or maybe start on the sleeve.

socialskillswill said...

it looks like im going to have to step it up a knotch, i cant even seem to finish my vest!

amber said...

you have to step it up? you always have the best projects. i don't know why you would have to step it up.