Tuesday, September 11, 2007

YarnSwift


YarnSwift
Originally uploaded by ellaislost
Sorry, dudes. I meant to post this picture a lot sooner. This is the yarn swift my dad made me for my birthday. He varnished everything but the pegs (he thought the pegs would need a bit more friction, which I agreed with). I can adjust the tension by the nut on the top. He added little rubber stoppers to the bottoms of the feet so the swift would stay put. I feel like this picture doesn't really do it justice. I was so excited about it that I tried explaining just how cool this was to a non-knitter friend.

That green malibrigo on the swift is going to be the death of me. That epic strawberry-esque blanket is almost done. I'm just adding the green. This shouldn't be taken as long as it is, but the project is losing momentum. And there are newer, sexier yarns in my apartment.

2 comments:

jumi said...

Do you have a ball winder yet? Or is that your Christmas present?

amber said...

Still no ball winder. Maybe christmas. Or until the coupons start working at Joann's.